April 27, 2010

Finals

So, I'm getting ready to start finals ... I'm done with my second semester in a little over 2 weeks. Frightening.

So, one of my teachers asked me to evaluate where I am right now. And here's what I jotted down:

Lost, Or Rather Discovered, In Translation

At the beginning of my time at Parsons I knew I would be introduced to a myriad of niches within the Fashion Marketing industry and came to the conclusion that I had to enter with an open mind as to what I would pursue upon matriculation. Yet, at the end of the Fall semester I knew a couple of things: math wasn’t fun in middle school, math still isn’t fun, and public relations fascinates me.

I’ve always loved writing. But while studying theater in undergrad at the University of Virginia I felt more freedom and less limits within the expected structure of language in my papers. Then once I graduated I began writing more freely on my blog, and general short stories.

Throughout this past semester I have realized that, while I love imagery, what inspires me even more-so than images is the art of language. As seen throughout my portfolio I have included relevant articles alongside my essays. I am attracted to images supported by reason, whether it is explained or merely detailed in my own cranium. By unknowingly creating a harmonious marriage between imagery and language I have gracefully stumbled upon a challenging pursuit.

I’ve discovered my ability to translate a language that is not taught, but rather learned through personal passion. And I know this is not a destination to be reached, but a journey to enjoy.







SEEYA.

No comments: