November 8, 2009

Christmas Joy

So, I got the following email forwarded from a dear friend last night and I can't help but share it and ask that you join in. The story hits really close to home for me, and for my graduating high school class. Let's flood this little boys home with loads of Christmas cards. And after you mail the card, say a prayer for him and for his family. Then (just a suggestion) give your family and friends a hug and let them know how special they are to you.

Below is the email:

Tonight while I was at work, my co-worker Betty posted a note about a very special little boy.
His name is Noah and he is dying of cancer. This 5 year old little boy will not make it till Christmas and so his parents are celebrating early. When asked what he wanted for Christmas all he said he wanted were Christmas cards!
I couldn't help but think of how easily we all get swept up in the hoopla that is the holiday season and especially this year how many of us worry about money and providing expensive material things for each other. What a lesson we should learn from Noah. All he wants is love from people he will never meet. PLEASE!! Let's leave this little guy swimming in cards!!
Just today I was worrying about how I had to take gigs instead of visiting my family. I should be greatful I have a a gift to share, a job, and a father who i will see even if it isn't on Christmas day. Let's all take a moment to send a little bit of joy and celebrate the true meaning of LIFE, not just this season.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON AND SEND THOSE CARDS ASAP!!!

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

Thank you!!
Jennica

2 comments:

Heather Lynn Knowles said...

Hi there! My name is Heather, we met last year at the Finger Lakes pageant. I wanted to let you know that last night at our Women in Business club meeting, everyone made 4-5 cards each for Noah!!! I attend the Rochester Institute of Technology, and it is amazes me how people from all over are writing to Noah. I'll be interested to see how many card this amazing little boy receives; he is certainly well on his way to getting his wish!

Keeping him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

PS I love reading your blog!

Leigh-Taylor Smith said...

Of course I remember you! AND how cold it was that night. That is amazing that you sent him so many cards ... how wonderful!

I hope everything is going well for you and you're making it through your school work slowly but surely.

xo