November 20, 2009

Wow!

Okay, so Noah Biorkman has had a resounding response of cards and gifts from around the world. But his family has asked that the cards stop. He is now bed bound and his family wants to concentrate on their last moments with him.

Mrs. Sig (Paul's mom) sent me this link:

Noah Biorkman, 5-Year-Old Dying Of Cancer, Celebrates Christmas Early

As I told her, it really is amazing to see how social/viral media can serve as such an impetus, but it's also refreshing to see the good at the heart of humanity.

Way to be amazing and rejoice in the season. As my mom says, (and probably every Christian mother around the world used to remind her children) it's the reason for the season. That's why she bakes a birthday cake for Jesus every Christmas and my whole family (my mom and dad - who that night are Nana and Papaw, all of my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews ... about 19 of us ... literally!) sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. It's true. It's not about Santa Claus. It's about the birth of Christ, an unbelievably amazing gift from God.

I'm so excited about this Christmas. Not only will I get to go home for an extended time this year (unlike my 4 days including traveling last year) Bryan and Laura get to come to Hampton for Laura's first Christmas with our family! Her first Happy Birthday singing to Jesus. We love you Laura ... and we're so happy you love us even though we're nutty!


No comments: