May 13, 2009

From the Dentist's Chair in Atlanta

I'm seriously sitting in the dentist chair in Atlanta at the Miss NY teeth beautifying sponsor. They're checking on the process of my Invisalign-ing teeth. If you haven't heard of Invisalign please let me explain. They are like clear retainers and you get mulitple sets of them for each phase in movement of your pearly whites. If you've ever had braces (Kate Marie!! Steve gets his off in mere days! Just a reminder ...) it is like having them tightened every ten days or so (or however often you change your sets). So what I'm saying is ... I have a high tolerance for pain and for this, that was a good thing.

Anyhow, onto super exciting things. I know my blog has pseudo- turned into a gay rights haven (and don't get me wrong, I'm super down with that but it may be overkill at a point). BUT come on people, the NY State Assembly has passed the bill that will legalize gay marriage in NY State! Now onto Senate the bill goes ... Keep your fingers crossed that it passes through them, and if so we know Governor Paterson will sign it since he's the one that initially introduced it!!

I <3 NY!

Okay, I should get off of here. Apparently my teeth are too crowded. I need more help. Did I mention I had braces? Twice. And rubber bands. And headgear (with a denim band. So stylish).

No comments: