April 19, 2009

Miss USA #2

Okay, so to be frank - we were pretty awesome at the predictions.

But, I need time to process the sequence of events, and the results. I may not even write about it. I will just include some photos from our little soiree at Melanie's. The company was the highlight, fo' sho!

On a similar note to where I will be taking my next blog post (if I do post about the pageant, still not sure if I feel comfortable) ...

I know this is a bit overdue but ... three cheers for Governor Patterson introducing legislation in support of gay marriage. I have had the opportunity to meet with the Governor twice. The first time was when he spoke at the National Press Club in Washington,DC about the status of our economy in July. Genius. Two months later, we all needed a sneak peek to that conference. The second time I spoke with him was when I was invited to attend the State of the State Address in Albany.

I am proud that he supports what I hope to be the essence of our country, outlined and maintained by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, ratified by the UN in 1948.

The first section of the Preamble simply stating:

"Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world..."




Jamming out with the Governor at the National Press Club.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings, Leigh-Taylor! This is Richard from the AIDS Council in Albany. First and foremost- congratulations on your outstanding performance at the pageant... you did us all proud! Secondly, thank you so much for supporting our World AIDS Day activities in December. The good-will and awareness you helped generate continue to make an impact on our organization. Finally- bravo for your stand on same-sex marriage!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!