April 9, 2009

Second Times a Charm?

Ok guys. Here we go. I've been promised that I will not ... WILL NOT, get bumped from this one. If I do, I'm going to egg someone's brownstone or something. (Kidding, people, kidding. I've never done that before.)

Here's what I'm talking about --------->

I'm one of the Models of Hope for this slammin' cause. As most of you know I'm fairly obsessed with children but I also have a personal tie to this cause. One of my good friends was diagnosed with cancer our junior year of high school. Ever positive and radiant she handled herself with an admirable sense of grace and confidence as she battled the disease. Unfortunately we lost Stacy to cancer our first year of college.

I've donated my hair to Locks of Love 3 times to date (this time around it's slowly making it's way back) . It's always a test in humility, but the first time I thought, "ugh, this bob is really un-cute on my round face ..." then, I nearly hit myself. My gosh, my hair grows back. Often times these children will go through rounds and rounds of chemotherapy to attack their cancer losing every bit of hair they have. To give them some sense of comfort or confidence, through donating hair to be made into a wig is the least I can do.

SO, now that I've talked about that ... I'm a Model of Hope in this event. Here are the deets:

"St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive
Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute. Founded by late entertainer Danny Thomas and based in Memphis, Tenn., St. Jude freely shares its discoveries with scientific and
medical communities around the world. Our patients and their families come to us during the darkest hours of their lives expecting the very worst. But time and time again, parents have described the feeling of hope they experience when they walk through the doors at St. Jude. No family is ever asked to pay for treatment at St. Jude and no child is ever turned away because of an inability to pay - thanks to the generosity of people like you."


I'm so excited about this opportunity. But, here's the thing: you can sponsor me as a model ... If you do, I'll model like I did at Miss A. Scratch that. I 'll walk like a supermodel. Slash really, really try. Don't donate for me though. Donate for Stacy. Donate for the child that is suffering but overcoming this disease in a valiant way. Donate for those you know who have beaten, or lost the battle to this disease. This will be epic.

Humbly yours.

LT

PS: Don't disappoint me. ;)

2 comments:

Stacie's Biggest Fan said...

You never cease to amaze me!! I can't wait to see you in May. Your year of service to the State of New York will leave BIG shoes to fill for our Miss NY 2010. You have touched us all!

Big Hugs,
Danette

Anonymous said...

how do we donate? where do we mail a check or whatever we need to do ?? info, please. thanks!